Black Eyed Peas Launch Video Game

pinas balita: Black Eyed Peas Launch Video Game
Rolling Stone *Original Link


"I've always liked playing with the joystick, from an early age," said Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie. Then she cracked up laughing at Ubisoft’s Monday night launch party at Hollywood’s Supperclub for The Black Eyed Peas Experience.
An interactive video game for Wii and Xbox 360, The Black Eyed Peas Experience (released November 8th in North America) is the next "experience" video game following Ubisoft’s Michael Jackson: The Experience, which was released last year. Participants can dance along to 30 Black Eyed Peas songs, including hits "Boom Boom Pow" and "Don’t Phunk with My Heart," with routines choreographed by the alternative hip-hop group’s creative director and choreographer, Fatima Robinson. The more closely players can simulate the group's dance moves onscreen, the higher the score.
Though she admits she has to force herself away from video games, Fergie is enthralled with her band's new game. "I was floored because of the new Kinect technology, where you don't have to hold anything in your hand and you can just move and it picks up your movements. That was a trip to me. Very surreal. And to have your own avatar – I mean, it's a trip to see how it really does resemble me. It is weird seeing yourself as a third person. I love the technology. It's a real experience and it doesn't feel forced. The Black Eyed Peas are all about dance and party, so it makes sense."
"It's an amazing, surreal thing," added rapper Taboo. "Me being a Mexican kid from East L.A., I never imagined I'd be playing the Superbowl or performing on Oprah. And now, having my own video game, that is the ultimate feeling."  




Though Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am was unable to attend because he was not feeling well, the rest of the Peas – Fergie, Taboo and apl.de.ap – celebrated to tunes being spun by DJ Ammo. Meanwhile, celebrities including Mena Suvari, Shenae Grimes, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Julian Morris and Justin Deeley were on hand to revel in the festivities.
While the more exhibitionist party-goers danced along to the Experience as it played on various screens, others danced on the main floor while neon-clad go-go dancers strutted their moves in the corners and one particularly daring performer hung from the ceiling on a swing, doing acrobatics.
Actor Justin Deeley (90210), demonstrated his good sportsmanship on the floor. "I used to teach spin classes, and the Black Eyed Peas was my favorite music to use," he said."There's just something about the beat. And I enjoy watching them on stage performing. They are a lot of fun – so spirited."
Actor Julian Morris (Pretty Little Liars), a self-confessed Spotify addict, skipped the interactive video game in favor of the strobe-lit dance floor, holding up two foam LED sticks as he danced among the crowd. "I love Black Eyed Peas," he said with a smile. "I love any band that gets people dancing."

 

Most Reading