Kobe Bryant returns to Lakers' practice

Kobe Bryant, who tore his Achilles tendon more than six months ago, is back at practice with the Los Angeles Lakers over the weekend.

ESPN reports that Kobe, a former most valuable player (MVP), returned to the practicing floor on Saturday.


Kobe Bryant returns to Lakers' practice
Kobe Bryant returns to Lakers' practice


The news about Kobe Bryant’s practice with the team boosts his teammates’ psyche, according to Lakers guard Jodie Meeks.

Jodie Meeks said Bryant’s return to practice provided an immediate boost to the team’s psyche on the floor. Very positive day in El Sugundo.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) November 16, 2013

Though it’s not clear when he will play again in an actual game, Kobe said during an interview with NBA TV he believes his recovery is ahead of schedule.


“I feel like I’m ahead of schedule,” the 15-time All-Star player reportedly said. “If there was a playoff game tonight, I’d play. I’d play. I don’t know how effective I’d be, but I would play.”

Now at 35, the NBA star said he still got the moves even after suffering the injury.


“The fadeaway still works, the ballhandling, being able to post, those are things that I can do right now. But it’s not the playoffs, thank God,” added Kobe Bryant, who averaged 27.3 points in the past season.
 

Most Reading